Me and My Groupies

I am a stay at home mom to the 2 cutest groupies a cowgirl could ever wish for! My Hubby and I are and have been best friends for as long as I can remember and that makes for some good....:)~ Needless to say my family is the love of my life!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Party Girl?

Juli and I drove Ben to Vacation Bible School for the third morning this week. It is loud enough in the car with the three of them (my two and the one I watch) so I usually do not put the radio on.
But after we left Ben the girls needed a morning pick-me-up song. The radio was on 105.1 the MIX station - some really slow kill-me-now song.
Juli said "don't like dat song mom!" And when I wasn't fast enough to change it she shouted "DON"T WANT DAT SONG!"
Next was 106.7 the hottest new hits station.
This time all she said was "NO!"
I flipped to 105.9 the rock station - it was a morning talk show.
A unanimous "No!"
Popped over to 88.3 the Christian station.
Again "Nooooo...!"
Our last stop was 95.3 - your station for Hip-hop and R&B - party music - booty shakin and baby arms flailing Juli yells "Yea...I want dis!"
Is my need for pick-me-up and get-me-going music rubbing off on my daughter?
Why yes...yes it is! And what a memory it makes to shake it across the floor with a vacuum while my little girl dances right along side me!
(Just gotta watch out for the songs with explicit language...a few days ago in the car with mommy and auntie, Juli mimicked a few choice words. Not the really bad ones, but hearing "stupid" and "crap" come out of your two year old's mouth makes you freeze in your tracks! We replaced those few words with "super" and "duper!" Which came out "tuper tuper" and had us all in a fit of giggles)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home