Me and My Groupies

I am a stay at home mom to the 2 cutest groupies a cowgirl could ever wish for! My Hubby and I are and have been best friends for as long as I can remember and that makes for some good....:)~ Needless to say my family is the love of my life!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

The most fun Fund Raiser!
For the second year in a row my father and I attended the Teal Magnolia Luncheon hosted by The Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Florida. They really do an awesome job and all the profits go to the Alliance to help find a cure for women with this terrible disease and to get the word out. Ovarian Cancer has been called the silent killer. The symptoms for it are so insignificant that before you know it your body could be ridden with cancer. This is what happened to my mother and within a year of finding out how sick she was, she died. So, this is one way for my dad and I to contribute and to find consolation with survivors and families who also have lost. The luncheon begins with an amazing silent auction. They have everything from jewelry to mini-vacations, handbags to amazing artwork. The bids start at reasonable prices, bargains actually, but by the end of the afternoon the auction alone had raised something like $14,000!!!! My contribution (thanks to my dad) won me a fabulous Fossil purse! That auction stuff can be addicting! The Lucheon provided us with some really great entertainment such as the very talented Jacqueline Jones. She can scat like nothing I've ever seen! Also the speakers included Miss Florida 2005, Mari Wilensky (who wore her little crown everywhere) and Jacqueline London from our local news station. Anyway, it was a fabulous time with fabulous people and I was glad to be a part of something that will make a difference for women everywhere. Please read and know the symptoms of Ovarian Cancer And if you feel it on your heart to make a donation, you have a personal "thank you" from me and from all the women and families out there struggling with or suffering from this terrible disease. We can't know what tomorrow will bring, but we can strive to make tomorrow possible for those who have no hope. One day at a time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin M said...

the purse you "won" is mondo cool. It just screams Robyn.. which is better than"Moo" because, um EW!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home