Me and My Groupies

I am a stay at home mom to the 2 cutest groupies a cowgirl could ever wish for! My Hubby and I are and have been best friends for as long as I can remember and that makes for some good....:)~ Needless to say my family is the love of my life!

Friday, August 25, 2006

Unidentified Cravings and the Non-cake



I hate cravings. I get them once in while when I'm not pregnant but when I am it is out of control. I keep hearing that cravings are usually your body's way of telling you that something is missing in your diet. At first I craved Sushi on a daily basis! And I packed myself full of California rolls, Dragon rolls and veggie sushi. Then came the cravings for red meat and leafy greens, probably a signal that my iron intake was low. But recently my cravings have been for soda (which I don't buy so I can't have) and cookies! Now, I don't think there is any way to justify a craving for massive amounts of processed sugar!

Last night I was having the worst case of "I want something so bad and can't figure out what it is!" This unidentified craving was bothering me to the point of controlling my abilities to think and speak clearly!
It came to me as I mindlessly stared into the TV and it's mesmerizing flashing lights...I want cake...thick chocolate cake with the fudge icing that's hard to swallow and the little cocoa sprinkles that give it a bit of crunch!
I told my DH what I was craving simply because I was proud of myself for figuring it out. He jumped up willing and ready to run out at 10:00 at night and find my chocolate cake! I loved the thought but made him promise instead to bring cake home tomorrow.
He disappeared into the kitchen for what I thought was an after dinner snack and before long the smell of chocolate began to fill the house. What he brought me has now been dubbed the "non-cake" and it hit the spot like no cake ever could!
He melted chocolate chips and butter together and mixed in some pecans, coconut, graham cracker crumbs and milk. It was like melted fudge...heaven on a spoon!

And I slept like a baby for the first time in 24 weeks!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mise en Place said...

LOL! Ok, that fact that your DH even knew where the chocolate chips, coconuts and pecans were, was amazing in itself!

Glad you enjoyed your snack!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Chickie said...

The non-cake sound yummy! I'm gonna have to try that.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home