Me and My Groupies

I am a stay at home mom to the 2 cutest groupies a cowgirl could ever wish for! My Hubby and I are and have been best friends for as long as I can remember and that makes for some good....:)~ Needless to say my family is the love of my life!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Isn't it Ironic? No...it all means something!
I woke myself up this morning in a racking, hacking, coughing fit. Actually I woke up my hubby and my kids too. The one practically on top of me and the other one at my feet! (no wonder we're all sick).
"Happy birthday" I crackled in DH's ear as he kissed me goodbye. "oh wait...can you go to the store first and get me all the stuff to make your birthday dinner?!" How sad is that?! But, he can either help me out or we can just pretend his birthday is actually on Saturday! Still...the guilt!
So, the dinner is cooking, and his favorite homemade bread is rising and I hide my face in my shirt for every cough and sneeze! Ewww....then I look around the house for the first time in 3 days.. Thanks to DH's sister it's not looking to bad, but the laundry room is filled to overflowing. I had to sniff each pile to determine clean or dirty! Ahhh...more guilt. This morning Mr. J had to wear one of his new birthday shirts (from his sister...yes the only presents he got were from his sister! Insert more guilt) cause all his other shirts are either dirty or wrinkled beyond recognition! So, even through my coughing fits and the fact that every breath hurts, I am doing laundry. Like really doing...each load is being folded and hung. Maybe I shouldn't push myself but I feel so bad! I'm supposed to be taking care of my man! (pause...cough cough...HACK!...gasp...need air!)
Then I saw Fidget's post today!
WTF am I doing? How come he can't do one load for himself so he doesn't have to "hang loose" all day! It's not like he has to throw a basket of clothes over his back, march down to the river, fend off the hungry crocs and algae just to get something clean to wear! He's damn lucky he hasn't said a word about the laundry that's all I can say!
Oh yea...Happy Birthday honey...I love you! LMAO!


And as I am visiting my fav blogs for the day I find this over at momyblogR

2 Comments:

Blogger Mise en Place said...

How FUNNY! No, not that you feel like crap but that picture SO fits your post, lol!

I swear things are the same here, God forbid I become under the weather. Hope you are feeling better soon.

:):)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Erin M said...

BWAHAHAHAH, thanks for the linky love. you need to get better STAT! Mira has a cavity and i have to take her to get it fill tomorrow! (wahhhhh!, nooo!) She'll hate the dentist and me forEVER after this

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home