Me and My Groupies

I am a stay at home mom to the 2 cutest groupies a cowgirl could ever wish for! My Hubby and I are and have been best friends for as long as I can remember and that makes for some good....:)~ Needless to say my family is the love of my life!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

One of those things you swore you'd never say to your kid!
Yesterday morning I felt worse than the day before. I was very tempted to call in some backup, but whoever I would call would have to NOT care about getting sick! And on Memorial Day Weekend! Needless to say I was on my own.
Breakfast is not usually anything too big in this house unless DH is home to make it! My kids are not big breakfast eaters although (before you leave comments about how important the first meal of the day is) I always make them have something. So yesterday it was oatmeal with little dinosaurs candy eggs in it that hatch when you poor the hot water over them. The kids love it and I love it cause it usually means they will clean the bowl. But I only had one package left. Hmmm...I would have to divide it and poor in half of another bag of plain oatmeal to make up the difference. So that's just what I did. They both got candy eggs and they both got the same amount as usual. OR SO I THOUGHT!
As soon as Ben took a look in his bowl he wailed, "I didn't want that much!" Which means the opposite of what it would normally mean...in other words I gave him too little. He wanted more.
"That's as much as you always get buddy!" Ok, maybe a baby lie. I might have been off by a teaspoon or two.
"But I always eat all my oatmeal!" He cried. Yes cried. Now there were tears about the oatmeal. Deal making time.
"If you eat all of that I promise I will make more!" Another baby lie...what would I make more with except the plain oatmeal. Preposterous!
"But I want more now! I always eat all my oatmeal!" Forget deal making!
"Son, if you don't cut that attitude you can take it in your room! You do not have to eat the oatmeal, but if you decide not too there won't be anything else for breakfast! And when you find yourself hungry in an hour? There will be cold oatmeal still waiting for you! I am tired of all this pickiness about food! YOU KNOW, THERE ARE SOME KIDS IN THIS WORLD WHO HAVE NEVER EVEN GOTTEN TO TRY DINOSAUR EGG OATMEAL! SO CONSIDER YOURSELF LUCKY AND BE THANKFUL!"
As soon as the words came out of my mouth I looked around the room for my mother! I know I heard her! Darn! It was me! Oh well...you know the weird part. It worked. Ben shut his mouth, sat down and scraped the bowl clean. And didn't need anymore!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin M said...

Angilina did bust, baby girl named Shiloh, its hebrew for peaceful. I love that name. I knew a beautiful vinrant girl with that name. I hope you are feeling better, you never told me what the Dr DYcus said you have, naughty naughty!

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shooter sez to read this blog and you will feel better.
http://seaside-gobble.blogspot.com/

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home